Saturday, October 18, 2008

Getting ready to visit Japan

In 3 days Guy & I will be off to Japan. It's one of those places we've always wanted to visit. We'll be visiting New Hope Tokyo a church plant from our home church. It'll be for a conference that Guy and others from our church will speak at. We are there for only a week of which 2 days are for the conference. We're excited but a little nervous with navigating in a place where we don't speak the language. It'll be an experience all right. Heard for the restrooms, women "squat". Shayna and Sherri teased me saying I need to practicing squatting so I don't fall in the hole.

Hopefully I can blog while on our trip ...

Pray for us ... if you know me, I don't travel well. I get motion sickness and home sickness. And yet, I love seeing new places. What's up with that!

4 comments:

hannah said...

tokyo! i'm jealous. please take lots of pics and post them so we can all see your adventures. we'll be praying for an easy flight!

ben wideman said...

Your trip sounds awesome! You two will have a great time. Eat lots of exciting food and take a bunch of pictures!

Leah Beth said...

We are praying for you and Guy as you head to Japan. What an incredible, but scary, opportunity! We look forward to reconnecting with you when you get back! We miss you!!!

Patty said...

Try sucking on crystalized ginger or taking ginger capsules for travel sickness.

Blessings on your trip -- as you travel, as you speak and do ministry, as you negotiate a new culture, and as you . . . well, whatever!